Monday, April 21, 2008

Hurray for Mothers!!!!


Well its getting close to mothers day and I just need to give my mother a shout out! She is such a wonder woman and I really appreciate her. Last week was a rough one for me, I ended up working 6 nights in a row and that was close to 65 hours! yuck. On Thursdays I usually dont have a baby sitter in the mornings so that I can sleep because I dont work Thursday nights. So any way I was driving home Thursday morning (night #5) and I couldn't stay in the lines, I woke up a few times to the waaaaaaaaa sound. Well I have a 30 minute commute home so 20 minutes into the drive I finally called my mom to tell her my dilemma. I needed to have Jayda to pre-school by 9 and picked up by 11 and I had quite a few other things I needed to accomplish that day. So that meant no sleep for me! :( So my mother sais "Get the girls up and ready and I will be there to pick them up at 8:30". I finally made it home (thank heavens) and my mom was there at 8:30 she took the girls and said she would bring them back later in the afternoon. I called and cancelled everything I had to do for the day and went to sleep at 9 am and didnt wake up untill 4 pm. I slept for 7 hours strait!!!! Ok so that might not sound like a lot but I normally get 4-5 hours a day and its usually broken sleep like and hour here and an hour there. I felt like a new woman! I just needed to say thank you, thank you, thank you to my mom because even though it is such a small thing it was a HUGE thing for me! She is so wonderful in so many ways and has helped me more than I could ever express! This was only one example! We love you so much mom! :) Thanks!!!!

10 comments:

Kierst said...

Your mom is amazing and thank goodness for everything that our mother's do for us....glad you actually got some sleep. :)

CASSIE said...

YOUR SLEEPING/WORK LIFE SOUNDS LIKE DREW'S...THE NIGHT SHIFT CAN KILL YOU...AND HE NEVER SEEMS TO CATCH UP-- I DON'T SEE HOW YOU DO IT-- I AM CRANKY WHEN I MISS MY NAP DURING THE DAY!! WHAT DO YOU DO AGAIN AT THE HOSPITAL?

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! You poor girl! That much sleep is not enough! Mom's are so great to help out when you need them. You are so lucky to be so close to yours. I talked to your mom last Saturday and she is such a sweet lady.
Hope you get some rest so you can keep your sanity! :)

Katlyn Papa said...

You are wonder woman! I don't know how you do it. Stories like these make me wish that my mom lived closer. You are a lucky girl!

Bekah: said...

thats an insane schedule! you are amazing! thank goodness for moms who rescue us when we need it most! i'm glad you got some much needed sleep. take it easy girl, you have SOOOO much on your plate...

DeWitts said...

Oh poor girl, i don't know how you do it. Josh works only two nights out of the week and it takes a tool on him. you must be super women! What a wonderful mom you have, to be there to rescue you! I hope next week will be better for you!

Brittney said...

hey Teresa- Raylee is doing so much better now that she is on her antibiotic but she is still teething so thats not fun! But my jewelery party isnt until May 16th and its a Fri. so if you can come, do or you could even host a party at your place and you get alot of discounts and stuff and you play games and people can win free jewelery. I am actually going to start doing it myself so i could come and be the advisor for you. Just an idea. the jewelery is awesome. Let me know what you think. You can just email me if you want. Talk to you soon.

Addie Gaylord said...

Teresa,
Hey how are you? It's Addie Seaman now Gaylord. I wanted to tell I check your blog occasionally and you have such cute little girls. Also, I wanted to tell you it was so nice to see you at the hospital last june when I had my baby. I know I looked like crap and was so embarrased you saw me like that, but it was nice to see you. I was so done with being there it was great to have a moment to forget about everything for a bit. Keep in touch.
Addie

The Baum Squad said...

Hey - Glad you stopped by. Can't believe your baby is 2 already. Can't believe you work the night shift.?! And you are always smiling when I see you.? I don't function on 7 hours, I need like 9 or 10 hours of sleep. You get a medal. Keep in touch.

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

I have to agree your mom is awesome and as we all know like mother like daughter. You are amazing, I don't know if I could do what you do. It is hard being away from Vance for a couple hours once a week I can't imagine working 6 nights, you are amazing.