Monday, April 20, 2009

Details


So I started to post about our big day yesterday and finally gave up and just posted a picture but for all of you who wanted to know here are the details.



Labor-
started 7:00 am sat
not sure it was serious
some sort of weird little cramps every 20 min
called my mid-wife 8:00
called hubby in from hunting
every 10 min by 8:30
girls to grandpa by 9:15
still not sure Im in real labor
Michael drives like Jeff Gordon to Show Low
every 5 min now
Arrive at Hospital parking lot 9:40
While walking to OB every 2 min
Walk in tell RN at desk its probably a false alarm
Get to room 9:45 another big cramp
RN decides to check me and exlaims "YOUR COMPLETE"
me- "does that mean im at a 10" ?
RN- "uh YA" !
So no meds, no epideral
We'll skip the to the good part
Baby born 10:25 am HURRAY!!!!!
ps mid wife walks in 10:33 to help with the clean up
also my mom and dad were in IDAHO :(
no stitches thank heavens


baby-

7 lbs 15 oz ( 8 lbs 2 oz at DR today )
21 inches
14 inch head (ouch)
healthy
happy
sweet
an angel
beautiful
eats like her mama (lots)
sucks her thumb already (no lie)
sleeps great during day
not so good at night (my schedule)
did I mention perfect?
big sisters-
daddy-
mama-
HAPPY
Happy
HaPPy
happy
hAppY
Thanks for all of your comments and support we love you all!



17 comments:

Bekah: said...

WOW! Whirlwind for sure. I cannot believe she came so fast. You must be superwoman to think it was a false alarm but you were already at a 10. WOW!

She is adorable and I LOVE her name. Congratulations.

Katlyn Papa said...

You are such a trooper. So nice that she came so fast though, and sounds like not too much pain. Awesome. She's beautiful just like her mom and sisters. Hope your getting some good rest! Congratulations!

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

She is sooo cute tree.... I love her lil outfit. when mom was explaining it to me i just wanted her to take a picture and send it to me then.... haha. hope you sleep better tonight. love ya

Sandy Ballard said...

Congrats!!! At least delivery was fast without any meds. Your good!!! Glad to know that everyone is healthy and blissfully happy.

CASSIE said...

NOT NOT NOT NOT FAIR!!! It takes 10 hours of HARD LABOR before my body decides to start dilating! Where you dilated before at your last appt? Congrats!!!

Amber said...

Ive always wanted one of those deliverys! lucky you! so fun and unexspected and only a couple of hours... i hope micheal made it. congrates! she is beautyful just like her mama! and a lucky girl to be born in such a good family. im so happy for you guys!

Krista said...

CONGRATS! what a Perfect labor! I am so glad all went well! You looked beautiful in your prego pictures, and your sweet baby is SOOO adorable! Congrats!!

Jessica said...

She looks soo sweet!!! CONGRATS, and I am happy that everything went well and she is here safe!! Oh yes, she is beautiful.....I love the baby stages (not that I don't love this stage).... :)

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness I PRAY that my delivery goes that quickly and that smoothly in just a couple more weeks!! I am JEALOUS! I can't believe your contractions weren't even that painful and you were already at a 10! And no STITCHES!? That is what I am MOST afraid of! I'm glad it all went so smoothly and that baby is healthy and you are both doing well! Congrats! She is beautiful! :)

Kara said...

Tree, Hadley looks so cute in her lil'Hawaii outfit. I'm glad you liked it. I thought it was so cute. You are a rockstar, I can't believe how good you're doing. I hope you're getting enough rest. Sunday I started to get sick and I've been in bed since then with Strep. The docs want to take out my tonsils, but I'm fighting that as I'm sure you can imagine...love you sis!

melinda said...

Congrats on your sweet girl!! Wow, that is quite the quick delivery story! I'm still trying to write mine up--it is much longer LOL. So funny we had them the same day!

Oh and I was 41 weeks + 1 day over:) (but I didn't have a very certain cycle date so I also had an earlier EDD (that would have put me at 41+6) via ultrasound which I nixed once I reached the second EDD;))

Caldwells said...

Wow. Crazy story Teresa! I am so excited for you and Michael and your girls to have such a sweet little addition to your family. She is so cute! I am glad all went well. Congrats!

Hallie said...

Congratulations Teresa! She is a doll and I love her name! Hope you are doing well!

Unknown said...

Your baby girl is so cute. I love her hair bows. LOL :) Congratulations! Wish you all the best!

Kierst said...

Congratulations! She is precious and hopefully soon you'll get the rest you need.

lindseyj said...

Congrats guys :) She's adorable!

..JeSsIcA hUnT.. said...

THAT IS SO FUNNY. THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. NO DOCTOR, NO MEDS, THE BED WASN'T EVEN TAKEN APART! THE NURSE JUST HAPPENED TO CATCH HER WHEN SHE FLEW OUT!! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATS!!